Design Transfer is often viewed as a one-time event. However, it should be an integral and ongoing part of the product development process and should begin as early as possible. Communication between collaborators (“The Team”) is crucial to turning innovative ideas into commercial medical devices.
The Team must identify and maintain procedures and checkpoints that ensure the design requirements successfully translate into production processes and specifications. This includes designing and specifying the final test procedures and performance required for acceptance. Through early collaboration, seamless transfer to manufacturing is possible; increasing production efficiency, improving yield, decreasing re-work, and shortening time-to-market.
During this informative presentation, our experts share tips from their decades of real-world experience. They discuss critical moments in the development journey where collaboration and communication lead to the successful transfer of new medical products to full-scale manufacturing.
- Building successful relationships throughout the product design process
- Identifying and mitigating risks early
- DFx optimization including manufacturing, testability, serviceability, and sustainability
- Creating a supply chain strategy based on BOM, scalability, and fluctuations
- The power of focusing on your strengths and working with trusted partners